During this one-hour webinar, Annina will discuss and explore considerations important to working with parents of highly dependent adult children.
She’ll cover many frequently asked questions she receives in consultation, such as: how to increase a dependent adult child’s motivation, how to handle and address their substance use and other problematic behaviours, how to set healthy boundaries in communication, what the dependent adult child really needs from their parents, and why the status quo is not the parent’s fault.
Additionally, Annina will share the link to her free webinar for parents, as well as a handout of the most important solution-focused strategies for you to share with your clients. Lastly, the webinar’s final 15 minutes will be reserved for your questions.
You will learn:
– How to recognize a failure to launch
– Why the status quo is no one’s fault
– Why the idea of “co-dependency” is a myth
– What highly dependent adult children really need
– How to change family conversations away from blame
– How to work with parents and children in an effective manner
Date: November 21st, 2018
Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm